Help with angelfish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bic31

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have one angelfish in a community aquarium. About two days ago it stopped eating and started to become aggressive towards the other fish mostly at feeding time. Today I noticed it's papilla was larger than I remember. The angelfish has taken to one side of the tank and chases away any fish that comes near. I would consider this maybe a breeding thing but it's the only angel. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

How big is the tank?

I have a 75 gallon tank. Today I have a new problem. Just about an hour ago he started swimming erratically, breathing rapidly, and it looks like his scales are shimmering. For lack of a better description they look like they are loose (near gills). I am worried that I may not have an angel when I wake up in the morning. Help!

I have a 75 gallon tank. Today I have a new problem. Just about an hour ago the angel started swimming erratically. He is breathing rapidly . His scales look funny around his gills. For a lack of better description it looks like they are loose and shimmering. I am worried when I wake up I won't have an angel anymore. Help!

I would remove the weak angelfish and let him recover in a different tank right now.

Back
Top Bottom