Help with Aqua One 620 setup- attempting SW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DI68

Aquarium Advice Freak
HI I am setting up my first marine tank and am using an all in one aquarium where the hood contains the lighting and filtration system. The lights are in the front 1/2 and filter chamber in the back 1/2.
I have been researching and reading any success stories on this tank and am hoping there are more out there as the advice differs. Please click my link under the Nano forum to view my set up and what problems/concerns I have in general with my first SW whilst cycling.
I am worried this filtration system is not adequate and maybe I should take the whole back section off which has the filter chamber and power head and attach on the back of the tank a hang on protein skimmer, use an aqua 500 cannister filter ( I have a spare ) and I have my first chiller- Resun CL 280 (2nd hand ).
It gets hot in my house and I can't see a way of connecting a chiller or skimmer without taking half of the top unit off which would then require different filtration. Also concerns on how to get my water parameters right. Some people claim to keep corals with the Aqua One lighting, some do weekly water changes with no skimmer etc but my filter has the water level high in the chamber and it runs back out over the power head ( as well as the return).
Would love to hear any advice. PS I bought a 2nd hand 3ft tank with timber base and hood just so I could have the chiller and it had the cannister filter as well- no lighting. Am I setting myself up for failure with this all in one tank or should I change over to the 3ft traditional glass tank while I am in the early stages?

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f101/new-sw-using-aqua-one-620-help-273638.html

Back
Top Bottom