Help with decision making! ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfishy27

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so I have a heavily planted 37 Gallon aquarium, with a series of tropical fish( 1 Angel, 10 Neons, and 4 Cory cats) and I was wondering what else I should add? I have a list of ideas (no livebearers or plecos). Maybe another angel or a shoal of runny nose/ phantom tetras? All ideas are welcome other than livebearers and plecos, they cause me the most troubles, thanks!

Always add fish slowly. This allows the beneficial bacteria to build up to your stocking level. for example, if you add 10 fish all at once, you are going to tax you Nitrogen cycle pretty hard and have an ammonia spike.

As for Angels...they get pretty big. I might add one if it was a planted tank, otherwise I would not. here is my Angelfish:

I would definitely 2-4 Corys and maybe 6 Harlequin rasboras. That is about all that I would add if it were my tank.

My Motto: Always watch your Nitrate level and perform a 50% partial water change every week.

Last edited:
Always add fish slowly. This allows the beneficial bacteria to build up to your stocking level. for example, if you add 10 fish all at once, you are going to tax you Nitrogen cycle pretty hard and have an ammonia spike.

As for Angels...they get pretty big. I might add one if it was a planted tank, otherwise I would not. here is my Angelfish:

I would definitely 2-4 Corys and maybe 6 Harlequin rasboras. That is about all that I would add if it were my tank.

My Motto: Always watch your Nitrate level and perform a 50% partial water change every week.

That's a beautiful angelfish! Thank you for your advice!

I raised an angel with some neons once. When he grew up he ate all the neons.

Angels are fiesty meatballs on a mission. I would skip them.. I wanted some once so I got them, now I don't want them but I have them. They're all the size of tennis balls. I can't stand them really. Home is home so... want them?

These guys have more experience with angels than me. [emoji6]

But would definitely add more corys... Love them.

These guys have more experience with angels than me. [emoji6]

But would definitely add more corys... Love them.

Cories are a no go for me either, they always die they're bad luck fish for me. Maybe I'll add a shoal of phantoms or rummynoses

Really, I have no issue with cory's, even breed them. But I'm a livebearer guy and loose one of them every once in a while. Thank goodness they are fertile. [emoji23]

I'm gonna second the incompatibility of angelfish and neons. Unfortunately it will most likely not end well.

Phantom tetras are very pretty. And I personally looove corys so I will always recommend them! The more the merrier when it comes to a school of corys. But if you have bad luck with them then don't get more.

Back
Top Bottom