help with email notifications...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tasha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
please! I originally had them turned on, when there was activity in a post I was involved in, then I turned it off a couple days ago, or thaught I did, but im still recieving notifications... is there more than one spot to turn them off?

See if this helps
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f10/stop-email-notifications-141794.html

Your profile looks to be correct for no email notifications (except upon PM). But you do have automatic subscriptions turned on (even with no notifications). I wonder if there's a bug.

You can try disabling automatic subscriptions by setting to Do Not Subscribe and see if that stops it.

Let me know if it does, I'll have our tech support look into it.

Ok, thanks ill give it a try and update in awhile and let you know how it works, Thanks for your help.

so far seems to be working, theres been activity on threads i've been active on and havent gotten a email, thanks :)

I spammed mine. It emailed me every time I comment on a post. I finally just spammed it after it bugged my inbox lol.

well its not working, fully, as I still recieved a bunch of msgs well after this...?! I guess ill spam them... didnt want to do that because I do like pm notifications or that type of thing....

Ill give it a try, thanks, and I do believe thats what its doing, as im only receiving emails for select threads......

Also I was wondering if doing these changes also REMOVES the little blue square with a checkmark showing me i'm involved in a certain thread, under "rating"?? I like this feature, but it seems its gone now that i've made those changes in my options.. ?!

Ill give it a try, thanks, and I do believe thats what its doing, as im only receiving emails for select threads......

Also I was wondering if doing these changes also REMOVES the little blue square with a checkmark showing me i'm involved in a certain thread, under "rating"?? I like this feature, but it seems its gone now that i've made those changes in my options.. ?!

I had that happen when I was following a couple threads before I turned it off. I stopped following those treads and the emails went away.

Thanks Limpet, and Admin, I have figured out why I lost my blue square (I sound so technical, lol) and have fixed it, thanks for all your help and promptness, im sure its alot of work to keep this all running so smoothly :)

Back
Top Bottom