Help with my black tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bcribs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Does anyone know what this is and any advise be much appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230801_204443_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230801_204443_Gallery.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 14
I think it's on the side of the body but where the fin is also

Literally over night. I found a dead rainbow platy Sunday morning and noticed his almost lump like wound Mon. The 5 tetras do fight quite alot so thought maybe it was an infected wound

Looking closer I'd definitely say the circle lump is coming of the side fin and not the body. When it's swimming the lump moves with the fin

Looking closer I'd definitely say the circle lump is coming of the side fin and not the body. When it's swimming the lump moves with the fin

That would then be an infection of a wound since there is some red ( blood most likely) in it as well. You will need to post your water parameters ( Ph, Ammonia, Nitrates, GH ) to give you a proper medication to use. (y)

If the lump appeared overnight, then it's not a tumour and is most likely a wound as mentioned by Andy.

To stop the fish fighting you need more of them. Tetras need to be kept in groups of at least 10 of their own kind and more is better, especially with fin nippers like black widow/ skirt tetras. These fish naturally live in groups consisting of hundreds or even thousands of individuals so even 10 in a tank is a small group for them. When they are on their own or in small groups, they stress out and start biting things. However, don't get any new fish until after this has been dealt with.

Back
Top Bottom