Help with toadstool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lauriemae

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi all! Long time no see. Have had SOOO many ups and downs between our 3 reef tanks since I've been here, BUT am getting smarter on them! All of the hair algae (for those who remember) stemmed from inadequate MH/fluor/moonlight hood I was sold and I lost hundreds and hundreds of dollars of corals by the time all was figured out. :hide:

TODAY I need some advice on my son's toadstool, photos attached. It was one of his best pieces, thriving for a very long time but got into some warfare long ago we think with a lobo (spelling) and possibly an elegance. The elegance is long deceased and lobo has been suffering for a long time, too (previous postings showed that piece in warfare!) but he never had issues with the toadstool. One of the pictures shows a hole in the bottom which he read could be flatworms altho we see no other sign of it. It has just started not putting it's feelers out for feeding and seems to be shrinking and shriveling. Help!!!! :banghead: Don't know what to do, so hoping you all can help us.

No nitrates/nitrites/potassium. Test regularly at home and most times when we go to all first emporium who tests EVERYTHING, not just ph/alk/salt/nitr/nitra/calc/etc. and they said it's all perfect. He has t5s and moonlights, no MH.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• toadstool.JPG
    toadstool.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 101
  • toadstool2.JPG
    toadstool2.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 92
My bet is allelopathy. Some corals simply won't get along and will engage in chemical warfare, causing harm even if no visible sweeper tentacles come into contact. Really not much you can do if that is the case, just have to avoid incompatible corals in the future.

I may very well be wrong though, perhaps moving it to another place in the tank and performing a somewhat large water change will make ameliorate things.

Back
Top Bottom