help with unknown anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SH4N

Aquarium Advice Regular
can anyone help me? i need to know what this is. Is it Majano or Aiptasia anemone?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/151/img6339n.jpg/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
img6339n.jpg

Possibly Majano but it's hard to tell... it blends in so well... I would probably get rid of it if I were you.

Are we sure that it needs to be taken out? I have had hairy mushrooms as hitchikers that looked like that. Any chance of a closer pic?

sorry thats the best i can do with my annoying camera. if you click the photo it does come up larger where you can zoom in

I have looked everywhere for the info I found when I had them and cant find it. I dont beleive they are bad (move around a lot and/or multiply quickly). But in that picture I did notice some hydroid looking guys. To the left of the little rock looking anemone.

Last edited:
I have looked everywhere for the info I found when I had them and cant find it. I dont beleive they are bad (move around a lot and/or multiply quickly). But in that picture I did notice some other questionable characters. To the left of the little rock looking anemone. I would watch those.

The ones to the left are xenia or the start of a Keny Tree. Most likely xenia though.

Look between xenia and little nem. Little hydroid looking guys.

I saw that too but didnt think anything of it till after I replied. I have had ones that looked like that for years and they don't seem to spread. I think there is a certain kind that spreads like the plague though. Colonial hydroids.

Last edited:
On the anemone thing I would say better safe then sorry... it doesn't look great so you wouldn't be losing much.

thanks for your help everyone! apparently there is a bit of aiptasia on that rock as well. will take care of that. thanks all ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom