Help with water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbie321

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I moved to a new house and found out that the water is acidic and it smells like eggs and metal, we do have a filter for particles and stuff but does anyone know if this water would b ok for water changes, and ps I don't have a test kit right now

Until you can test it it's impossible to say. Are you drinking it?

get a test kit! if its bad results, you could get a large container and store water in there for purifying before water changes.
if you could give us the results as soon as you get them, we can tell you whether its alright or not :) xx

Call the town you live in, or the local water company. Ask for the latest tests performed on the tap water, it's public knowledge. Believe me I went through this a while back. Not sure where you live but you can also go to your local pool company and they will test your tap water for heavy metals, chlorine things your API test kit can't test for.

That will at least give you a starting point.

Good luck.

I had a water company come over and install a water filter that softens and filter the water and gets rid of the smell so it's all good thanks for the suggestions tho:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom