HELP!!! Worried about our cleaner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was in exactly the same boat as you reading exactly the same thing as you about performing 'surgery' on the shrimp!! Luckily I can to my senses and waited it out, the shrimp is perfectly fine and healthy, you would be surprised how many shrimp in your LFS have these lumps on their sides.

My advice would be to let it be and just monitor it on each moult!

Yeah I might head to the fish shop tomorrow and just ask the guys about it and see what they say, cause he's actin weird he won't eat or move from his little cave he's claimed as his own and my brother recently started his tank and his shrimp is eating well he cleans your hand every chance he gets and he's out and about exploring all the time, thanks so much for helping me :) cause there was no way I was doing a mini shrimp op haha

If you said the shrimp has just moulted then I wouldn't worry about it not eating, mine never eat after moulting, how long have you had it for, they take time to get to know you but once their confidence is up, it will be all over your hands!!

I got him 2 days ago but he just seems really down, and the fish shop guy assured me it would go away when he moulted and when it didn't , I dunno I just think maybe there's something up like I'm not gonna bring the shrimp back I'll just ask about it cause I'll be up there anyways so there's no harm, there's a pic of it ? What do yu think

Attachments

• image-3894017249.jpg
    image-3894017249.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 50
As far as the shrimp not eating and hiding I would not be concerned, it just molted so it is hiding for safety while it's shell hardens. If your in any way sceptical about the shrimp then take it back to the store, better safe than sorry.

I brought him back today and they said it should have come off with the moulting so they'll keep an eye on him thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom