Help !!!! Xenia /anthelia thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really need the trace element levels to help. Also what lights/flow are you running?

Only trace elements are supplied by WC. I don't dose anything? I'll check the return lph for flow. I don't have any other powerheads currently

Got an alk test an supplement. Dosed then test 2 hours later. Lol wrong order but. It tested at 8.2. Is this ok or low? My only reference says 8-12

Yes that's fine but if your using a quality reef salt you shouldn't need to be dosing. Since you have already make sure you keep a close eye on all of the levels, dosing one can throw the others out of whack.

Ok. Alk will affect ph the most correct?
Everyone always says the macro algea sumps are a "natural" way to dispose I nitrates. Is there a natural way to add. Ca and alk?

You mentioned reef salts
I use Reef crystals from petsmart
I change 5 gallons a week
Out of the 34 in my tank Roughly 12% I believe

xeina really is a hit or miss
in some tanks it grows like weeds
others it just don't grow at all
it's just a strange thing about xiena
you can have 2 tanks sitting side by side all params the same but in 1 of those 2 tanks it just won't grow but it grows in the other with no issue
so no it's not you, xeina just has weird temperament either it does or it don't

Ok cool. Anyone who's previously commented know of fish that play well with flame angels? At least percentage wise haha. I'd like to add more livestock. But I really want interesting or beautiful fish. The coral beauty has caught my eye at the store but I don't know how well it will co exist with the current angel.

Also looking at the red and yellow scooter fish????? Looks like a mandarin as far as body style. Kinda rare I think though

I keep both coral beauty and flame angel they can co exist but it also depends on what size tank you put them in . I keep mine in a 90g tank with lots of hiding places, I wouldn't attempt this with a smaller tank ,
I have a engineer goby ,6 blue reef chromis , several damsels ,six line wrasse along with a lunar wrasse , lawn mower blenny and a mandarin ,
serpent star fish , red leg hermits , blue leg hermits , electric blue hermits , and Scarlett hermits , fire shrimp , Scarlett cleaner shrimp ,
coral banded shrimp , purple lobster
coral beauty s and flame angels are pretty mellow fish they are very active they are always moving

Back
Top Bottom