Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SC745

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Please Help!

:confused: I am new to the tank world (less than 6 months) and my pangious catfish started spiraling last night. He / she is just going all over the tank, I know this is not good and it was all the sudden. Is there anything to do besides watch it die?

My water levels are perfect and this one is the only one affected. My best fish! It is a 55gal aquarium..
Anyone have an idea?

Thanks

Last edited:
A little more information...spiraling???

Is he/she still behaving the same? Did you do a water change or did anything change in the tank prior to the change in behaviour?

Thanks.......

Thank you for the attempt, but I was forced to euthanize the poor guy. I hated to do it but I thought it the only thing to keep it from suffering and hurting the other fish as he was running into them out of control. The only thing I can think of is it must of injured itself by running into something in the tank that caused it to hurt it's nervous system. It even looked like he broke his back or something. He was "spirlaling" which meant he was swimming vertically and spinning to the right. He could not swim flat and he kept sticking his head out of the water. He would not eat and would not stop! I tried to subdue him to help him stabilize but it did not work. I gave him 30 hours before coming to the conclusion I did. That was my favorite fish!

No other fish are showing any indications of any trauma and the water levels were double checked for anything out of the ordinary. I had my brother in law (spoonman on this site) come over prior to doing anything rash to see if there was anyway to save the fish, no dice. He gave me this tank and helps me monitor it for safety and proper care.

My buddy is gone now, but I will never forget him!

Thanks Again.

Steve Johnson
Henderson, Nevada

aww man...that is sad. :(
I know that must have been hard. Spoon is a good guy, very smart, gives good advice. Sorry you could not save him, but it sounds like he was really suffering. Sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom