help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy87

Aquarium Advice Freak
elmont/valley stream, long Island, New York
Guys, I was doing a water change on my 6500 gallon pond and noticed that I have babies in there... They are obviously very small... What should I do, should I keep then in there or take them and place them in a bucket????? Please help, I need advice asap.....

fishboy87 said:
Guys, I was doing a water change on my 6500 gallon pond and noticed that I have babies in there... They are obviously very small... What should I do, should I keep then in there or take them and place them in a bucket????? Please help, I need advice asap.....

I'm guessing it's koi or goldfish. If u have enough coverage for the fries to hide in, u can leave them in there. But if u want to raise them! Best put them in a tank that's cycled with a sponge filter! :)

You can leave them and they will probably do ok. But you can catch them and grow them out a little then replace, that would give them a good start.

Be careful changing pond water. How much did you change/or gonna change? Have you changed water before? How often? You could easily kill everything in there if you change even a little too much water. The surface of a pond is usually the largest area. So changing water based on how much it looks to have gone down could be a huge % of water. Just something top think about.

Nice photos! Beautiful pond, hope to have something remotely that size in the long long term lol.

I have about a 2,500 gallon pond and i always leave the fish in the pond. I have several floating water plants so they can hide in the roots but they usually swim out in the open with the mosquito fish.

Attachments

• image-3591511266.jpg
    image-3591511266.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 160
  • image-1401391115.jpg
    image-1401391115.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 157
  • image-1261716096.jpg
    image-1261716096.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 156
I have about a 2,500 gallon pond and i always leave the fish in the pond. I have several floating water plants so they can hide in the roots but they usually swim out in the open with the mosquito fish.

cute turtle i had a plastic pond but my dad made a hole on the side by mistake with the weed wacker a few days ago

Back
Top Bottom