Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richi106

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey

I recently cleaned my tank with a magnetic glass cleaner but there was a piece of gravel stuck on the outside sponge and I scratched all the glass.

Does anyone know how to get the scratched away??

I have an aqua one 620.

If this is glass, there is really no way to remove the scratch. There's methods such as filling it in, witch will fill in the scratch, but will still be visible. The only real way to somewhat ''remove'' it would be to grind the glass until it's not visible anymore.

If this is acrylic, then you can just buy an acrylic buffer and wipe you're aquarium scratch and it should go away.

That's a big boo boo. You could empty the tank, and dismantle it, and get a new piece of glass from a local glass company and replace it. That is a lot of work. Trust me, I built a custom 20g triangle tank from scratch, it's not easy.

Dallascowboys16 said:
The scratch is on the inside from what it sounds like... Am I right?

No the scratch is on the outside. They are not that deep but I can feel them with my fingernail if I run it over. Any ideas??

Nytmare!

There are glass filler products available at the hardware store for cars. Maybe you could try that as long as it doesn't get near the tank contents???

My 5yr old daughter recently got whole of my magfloat and scratched up one side of my wife's 20 :( ya there'd not much we can do about it.

MMantelli said:
My 5yr old daughter recently got whole of my magfloat and scratched up one side of my wife's 20 :( ya there'd not much we can do about it.

I know it's a nightmare! Cannot believe I done it:(

MMantelli said:

I know it's a nightmare. Cannot believe I done it!!!!! :(

Back
Top Bottom