Help???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Penguin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello guys I have a belly crawler pike cichlid that i bought a week ago and he is constantly hiding and won't accept pellet or frozen foods I'm worried he will starve to death if I can't get him to eat. I know they're supposed to have live foods but my lfs has ran out of live brine shrimp and won't know when they're getting more and he is still to small to eat comets (feeder fish) as he is still about 2-3" what should i do?

Fish can go a while without eating so I wouldn't worry too much. See if you can get some live food or a live food culture in the mail.

Fish can go a while without eating so I wouldn't worry too much. See if you can get some live food or a live food culture in the mail.

I know gars and pike cichlids are 2 different fish but could pike cichlids open their mouths like gars to eat bigger fish? if offered comets?

To my knowledge comets are a poor choice for a feeder. I believe minnows are preferred? I don't have anything predatory but believe I recall this piece of info.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

To my knowledge comets are a poor choice for a feeder. I believe minnows are preferred? I don't have anything predatory but believe I recall this piece of info.

Does it have to be a specific minnow breed or can it be any kind because I know my LFS always have gold mountain minnows in stock

Rosy red minnows were the specific minnow I was thinking of. They're sold as feeders. This is not my specialty though. I know guppies are used as well.

Wal mart carries worms ifits possible

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom