Here is my 46 Bow Front

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just waiting on the lr, any suggestions on the way I have it setup? Besides the water being a little low causing bubbles :oops: . TIA

bow_front.jpg

Looks Great (y)

Only comment I would have is on the heater. If it's submersible I would lower it and place it on an angle. If too close to the light or pumps, it will not read the water temp correctly. Same goes if it's verticle. The heat rising from the heater will trick the sensor and shut off too early.

How much flow is there including the skilter and penguin?

Cheers
Steve

I hadn't thought of that. :oops: , Yea, I think it's submersible, it's on of those new ones from marineland. Thanks.

As far as the flow, it's a penguin 330 (that's 330 gph. right?) a skilter 250 (that's 250) so that's 580 gph, not including the powerhead (s), I have 2 but only put one of them in the tank until I get my lr.

The thing I like about the skilter is, although it's noisey, It acts as a filter as well as a skimmer. the one on the 46 is new, I moved the other one to the 29 with all the tank inhabitants. That one only has the skilter and a wisper. I don't know what size of wisper it is so I'm probally gonna put another penguin 330 on that one also.

Thanks, it will look better once I get my LR. :lol: I used "play sand" from HD. it's sicila sand but I mixed it with "reef sand".

Back
Top Bottom