Here's my results...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morticus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I added ls from the ocean on Sunday (tons of amphipods!) and added 2 raw shrimp Monday. Today the (first ever) readings are:

Temp - 80F
PH - 8.2
Alk - Normal
Amm - >1 ppm
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0
SG - 1.0216 with IO hydrometer, making it 1.0236

Now for the long wait...

*edit* Would it be a good idea to get my Yellow Watchman Goby and QT him while I cycle? Could I have 2 fish (Royal Gramma and Yellow Watchman Goby) in QT at the same time?

How big is the qt? Yes you can get two at once but must keep them each in qt . If you add another one in a week or two you must wait till the last one has been in the full length before putting any of them in the main.

A cycle can take 4-6 weeks..... Do you really want to keep a fish in OT for that long when you don't have to..... JMO2.
DO not rush things..... take your time while the tank is cycling and read up on proper acclimation, fish capatability, corals....... etc....
Ot tank is it cycled??????? they need to be cycled also... And how big of a tank

Qt is 10g. I didn't know that qt tanks had to be cycled, is it any different than cycling a display tank? My display tank is 55g with a 15g sump.

Back
Top Bottom