First SW Reef 125G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for your advice Sniperhank. You've been a big help with this. Everyone has been very helpful.

I finally got my lights pretty much the way I want them, at least until I get the canopy built then will mount them in there.IMG_20170627_123903.jpgIMG_20170627_123733.jpg

IMG_20170715_105433.jpg

Updated, finally got where I want. Now just to wait for the corals to grow and add my stock a little at a time. ?

So, I got some new additions. I got an abalone, which I love, a pair of banggai cardinals, a diamond sand sifter goby, and a pearly jawfish. My favorite fish is still the back sailfin Blenny, even though he's very shy. Just majestic to watch when he's out.

Update. All of my new stuff is doing good except for my pearly jawfish. I haven't seen him since the 3rd day I had him. Someone told me they love to hide but I figure I would've seen him by now, it's been 2 weeks.

I also added 2 midnight clowns, I feel in love with them and about 3 days later ich popped up on them. Did some research and decided not to go to my fish store for advice again, lost 4 fish the last time I followed there advice. This time I'm doing an all natural remedy instead of messing with my tank and the male is completely clear and female is almost clear and haven't lost anything except for a banggai.
IMG_20170723_155709.jpg
My babies.

Those all natural remedies won't do anything to treat the parasite. The only proven ways of treating ich are in a hospital tank with either hyposalinity or a copper based medication.

I've been using 100% all natural ground ginger with garlic guard and it's completely gone on one of them and almost gone on the other one.

Ich has 3 life stages. One it lives in the sand, then hatches and swims up to try to find a host. The final third phase, the cyst, is the only stage you can see with the naked eye. There is still ich in the system and your fish are still susceptible.

I tried catching them and realized I'd have to tear down my rock and Coral to get them out. Do you have any ideas to get them out without disturbing that stuff?

I did garlic guard and ground ginger mixed with their food and in a week the ich was gone, whew

Added a black lined fang Blenny, 2 peppermint shrimp and 2 blue green chromis and the chromis brought the shy ones out ?

Will post pics in the morning, oh and getting a large number of pods in my fuge, loving watching the all life develop and flourish, and finally got my hammer corals and rainbow anemone

Back
Top Bottom