Here's my super tight budget 10g fish tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zaku999

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Guys!

Here's some Pic of my 10G fish tank! it uses a Top feed Filter as I don't have a large space....

Any recommendation how I can improve it? thanks!

:D

img_433125_0_40ffa90765fb4623f49f72a6bc6983c2.jpg

it lookes pretty good. not saying my lil freshwater tanks can compare. but they their good thing.

maybe you could arrange your rock so some of its more vertical?

yah, i gotta admit i have definitely overcrowded my tank with fishes & others!

My mandarin eats frozen brine shrimp! I have just started a POD growing farm.. still unsure the success rate....

how long was your tank been set up before you added the fish? I am in the process of deciding if I want to do a low budget nano tank or not. I have an empty tank I can use but I am worried it will be too small and the salinity will be too hard to keep regular. The only difference is I don't plan on keeping fish in mine... well maybe one small hardy fish but mainly I was just planing on a shrimp, emerald crab, hemits and a couple of snails. The fish wold come last after everything was stable.

My tank is approaching 4mths. My mandarin was introduced into my tank only after a month! (Big Mistake!!) it was getting quite thin before early this month, she decided to start eating brine shrimp (to my relief)... Anyway please don't don't attempt to keep this fish unless you have a good supply of PODS or live rock avaliable for it to survive!!

Yup, it is really hard to maintain the salinity of a small tank due to evaporation and faning. Another major problem i faced, is finding a suitable small filter system! Yup I am currently keeping all hardy fish...

here are the list of fish I am keeping for the past 2-3 months:

1 Bali clown
1 blue damsel
1 domino damsel
1 Black Yellow damsel
1 Mandarin
1 Bi color blenny
1 Fire shrimp
1 Majestic lobster
1 blue feet hermit
1 common brown hermit
1 royal gamma
2 turbo snails
1 unknown crab

What type of coral is that? LFS has one kindof like that for like $45 I wondered if it was too much.

Back
Top Bottom