Hermit crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NicoleIsStoked

Aquarium Advice Freak
So last week I bought four "blue legged hermit crabs". Three of them look like the one on the right. The one on the left appears to be a different species. Any ideas? He's got a really nice shell.

Attachments

• image-3470321277.jpg
    image-3470321277.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 104
I can't see the crab. Just the shell. Since the shell isn't actually part of the crab, it doesn't help. Look at the legs to determine if they are the same species. But remember, common names are fairly useless. "Blue legged hermit crab" could refer to one of several species.

The other three have blue legs. This one has black and white striped legs. I don't know if it matters but he moves around a ton more than the others too.

NicoleIsStoked said:
The other three have blue legs. This one has black and white striped legs. I don't know if it matters but he moves around a ton more than the others too.

Dark legged hermits usually end up being non reef safe and can grow quite large in most cases.

probably a zebra hermit. stay small and reef safe. I have a few.
p-86551-crab.jpg

Back
Top Bottom