Hey CA/SA group, new addition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry for blurry photos, just released and he won't stop moving lol unfortunately I had to have them in the bag all night and the male decided he wanted to beat the living crap outta the girl, but she's doing ok right now, just a bit torn up

Good looking male panamensis, I've got lots of those!

My male.

27198-albums9953-picture41002.jpg

My female.

27198-albums9953-picture41005.jpg

Last edited:
He's still settling in and is currently being discovered my Uaru (whose HLLE has VASTLY improved, diet was the issue, not enough plant matter, mixed with a lacking water change schedule, but problems fixed and she's back to her beautiful self)

My multispinosa does NOT like him though :/

Poor little girl may not make it :(

image-1935399779.jpg

I saw them at my LFS and loved their colors and personalities, always have like the panamense, so I figured what the hell, got the pair for $15

Looking like my multispinosa is going to be an issue, he's not happy with another Central American male in there, he's used to being the little boss lol

The female was killed by what?

I had them in a bag overnight, was out with my buddy after I left the fish store, the male decided he didn't want the female in there and beat the hell out of her, I was going to separate bag them but my buddy (who works there) told me to just put them together, shoulda known better

I had them in a bag overnight, was out with my buddy after I left the fish store, the male decided he didn't want the female in there and beat the hell out of her, I was going to separate bag them but my buddy (who works there) told me to just put them together, shoulda known better

They are nasty, I can't have the male and female alone without a divider. This behavior is very common with Cryptoheros, my septemfasciatus are stone cold female killers.

I may end up just keeping him a lone wolf if she passes *fingers crossed*

He is terrified of my uaru haha wants nothing to do with her

Browning point?! Is that like your frequent buyer reward points at the tanning salon?

Well I gotta score some, since I'm about to end up back on the you-know-what-list lol planning a nano reef tank :p at least it's not more africans

Picked up a cheap tank off Craigslist with a nice marine light, and a 10 is pretty useless for any new world, and the light is useless for freshwater

Well I gotta score some, since I'm about to end up back on the you-know-what-list lol planning a nano reef tank :p at least it's not more africans

Nano Reef tank is cool with me. I plan on turning over my 65G to a reef in the next year or so.

You are walking a thin line mister! Save the money you'd put in to a nano reef and set up another tank for some real cichlids!

In all seriousness though that's a great pick up, to bad about the female.

You are walking a thin line mister! Save the money you'd put in to a nano reef and set up another tank for some real cichlids!

In all seriousness though that's a great pick up, to bad about the female.

Yeah, she really got it handed to her, but the male instantly forgot about her when I released them into the tank, he was more worried about my rainbow lol or Gertrude (my Uaru) haha

Back
Top Bottom