Hi everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eddieftw3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New to this but. Tell you a bit about me. I brought a fresh Warter tank for my son. I really love spending time with him working on it. So now I looking into a saltwater tank for my self. I'm hopping that I get a little friendly help from people that know what there doing. So any suggestions would be great.

Hey welcome!

What are you looking for as the size of tank or types of fish? Everyone here is helpful and friendly lol:)

Im picking up a 100 gallon for a real good price. Need some help how what I need. I've bin reading and asking but after a wile I feel like I'm bothering. So if can give me some help Will be grateful. Someone on here told me to go with a canister filter witch is what I was going to do. Thanks

Personally i would rather use HOB filters than a canister...
100 gallons is a good size too...lots of options...
I would look into setting up an overflow and an algae scrubber

Thanks so much guys really do appreciate all the help I'm a new jack now but I hope to be as knowing as u all are. Thanks again.

The number one problem I have found with used tanks are the skimmers. Most used tanks I have found either have a skimmer that is too small or does not work properly. If you are getting a 100 gallon tank I would recommend a skimmer that is for 200 gallon tank or larger. Also, make sure the skimmer does not add air bubbles to the tank from the return pipe, which can kill your fishies and everything else.

Another device to look into are nitrate reactors. If you are getting a sub-tank having a nitrate reactor will be a wise investment. It will help stabilize your nitrates.

FTMMWS said:
Personally i would rather use HOB filters than a canister...
100 gallons is a good size too...lots of options...
I would look into setting up an overflow and an algae scrubber

Id agree id get hang on back as well. Their are members who have no problem with their canisters however in my experince bang for buck and getting job done I would go with a hob.

Back
Top Bottom