Hi there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2far2c

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all, just registered so here is a quick post of my situation. I have had tropical fish for a couple of years now, started out with a used 10 gallon kit I was given. I did a lot of reading, and have largely been sucessful. Lost two platys to dropsy in the first year, and had some problems with neon tetras in the first 4 months (lost 4 of 5) - tank was cycled, but not established - and I was learning (still am). I was hooked, and upgraded to a 37g planted tank with driftwood. It's a Marineland kit, LED lights and a Marineland 200 filter. 6 bleeding heart tetras, 9 neon tetras, 6 pygmy corys and 3 platys. Now I am pretty comfortable with what I am doing.

Why am I here? I was on the site doing some reading - trying to figure out what other fish I could add to the tank. I know I have the room, but have been wondering for a few weeks what I could get. So, while reading, I figured, why not join up? So here I am...

Looking at perhaps a Bristlenose catfish and/or some Kuhli loaches. Probably either or, I think both may be pushing it, as I'd want 4 or 5 Kuhlis minimum.

Any thoughts on the and/or? You think eventually going with both would be too much for the size of tank? I do regular (weekly) water changes with vacuum. If I have to make a choice, I'll have to figure out some way to decide...

Anyway, good to be here!

Welcome to AA!

You might want to post a stocking thread in the fw general section. You will get a lot more responses on your question there. This is more of a "hello" place here in the intro section.

Last edited:
Thanks, I guess I got carried away! Will re-post the question part...

Back
Top Bottom