Hi There

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sorridera

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to the forum, and I'm a stay at home mom with two beautiful little girls, a cat and our latest member of our household... Daisy, the Red Delta Betta. :fish1:

I've lived in a house with fish most of my life, even got a Betta to accompany me throughout my college life. Now, that my children want another pet, besides our household cat, we've settled on Daisy.

I've signed up to this forum as a teaching reference for my children as we go through the trial and tribulations of the wonderful world of fish. Originally, my youngest daughter wanted Daisy because he was pink at the time, sick with scales missing and had the start of fin rot. For those of you wondering, we purchased Daisy at Petco.

So... after 2 months of treating the fish for fin rot (currently- fins are growing back and I should mention that the fish is now a lovely shade of red), missing scales (new scales in place, they're white but they're looking great), my old tank (which i've had since college - 10+ years old), sprung a leak, which we now are using a 4 gal. baby BiOrb. Currently, we're just waiting for it to do it's initial cycle, we're in week 3 of who knows how long. :popcorn:

So hi again guys! Great to be here.

Welcome to the site. Sounds very nice and sounds like you have done a great job. Would love to see a picture of Daisy.

Back
Top Bottom