High protein diet.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Welsh

Aquarium Advice Freak
My bettas tail has been vanishing before my very eyes and although its not too bad at the moment I am scared its going to get worse, at the minute I have him in a QT tank with quarter teaspoon of AQ salt and a heater set at 80 degrees, I'm not sure whats wrong with him my params are 0 0 5.0 so could it be fin rot? I do my water changes regularly but the question is I heard that a high protein diet can help with the recovery and I am just wondering what sort of protein I can feed my betta. I feed him freeze dried bloodworm once a week as a treat but I also have heard that this shouldnt be fed more than once a week so what else can I feed him? he has been in QT for about 30 mins,

All our fish, even our bettas (when they were alive *sigh*) got spirulina pellets once a week.

As for salt and bettas, what I'm finding is they can tolerate a small amount added slowly. Doesn't help much, but that's all I could find, small amount and slowly.:confused:

I wasn't keen on using AQ salt but I don't want to use medication to help his tail recover either
I thought bettas were supposed to be easy but I never have luck with my males and I do everything right aswell :(

Back
Top Bottom