Hitch hiker identification...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tyler D

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I bought this piece of driftwood from petland that had a baby tear growing on it a few weeks ago. I have it a good rinse and i have never had a problem with them before but this thing has since sprouted 2 of some type of plant that looks like grass and some sort of almost fern looking plant that grows like a vine.

But along with these extra plants I have spoted (1 removed )hydra, copepods, a minute population of planaria, and another type of worm. It looks like white hair. It doesn't cling to the glass like planaria it free floats wriggling in the water. Please help me diagnose this.

if you don't want hitch hikers you should always sterilize anything you put into your tank. as for identifying your free loaders, you should post some pics.

They are all too small to get a picture. But now my guppies just started having babies so the fry have a nice live food source now and the numbers seem to be shrinking an the fry are growing nicely.

Back
Top Bottom