Hitch hiker identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really ???? How bad of a pest ? Because I kinda like it ... It's the only thing alive in my tank now . (Just added live rock Sunday )

Yes, you will end up breaking down your tank and buying all new rock because it's overrun with them. In a short time you will have a lot of things alive in your tank.

I just took on a tank maintenance job. I was taking care of this tank before but gave it up. The owner begged me back. I'm going to take some pictures for this thread. ;)

BTW, do not rip the anemone. Make sure you remove it entirely or it will spread.

Ok I will be removing it and watching for more ! And when could is it safe to begin adding a clean up crew ?

After the tank is fully cycled you can add livestock. The term "cleanup crew" is really something created for marketing purposes. You really don't need snails and crabs, or sand stars...They don't really clean anything. I don't have them in my systems. I might have a crab or two because they are cool to look at, but not like these websites say you need. It's just ridiculous. Whatever you add will need food to sustain them. If you have an abundance of algae, you have high nutrient levels. If you have food on the sand bed, you are overfeeding and don't have enough flow.
If you want snails and crabs, add one or two and see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom