Hiya I'm new!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madison G

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone!
I would like to introduce myself and get to know some fellow fish lovers.
I thought we could all share picks of our aquariums for fun.
(If you have small animals, reptiles or amphibians you can introduce them too.)
Everyone is welcome!
My 35 gallon community tank
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441130878.520971.jpg
My male betta blue in his 5 gallon.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441131262.020284.jpg
My female betta red in her 5 gallon.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441131343.557963.jpg
My male betta pink in his 3 gallon.
(Getting him a 5 gallon)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441131398.787001.jpg
My 15 gallon I'm breeding blue and red in.
(Not filled up all the way yet)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441131531.161026.jpg
(I got each of my bettas a filter by the way)
I might post photos of my 2 hamsters.
Not sure yet tho.
And one more quick thing!
I got 2 feeder comet goldfish and was wondering how long they can stay in the 35 gallon until I can move them into the 50.
They are both 2 inches long.
Thank you!
Much help is appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hi, welcome in to AA. :)

It's been ages since I've had goldfish so hard to comment for me. Generally I try to shift to larger tanks as soon as they look a good size. I find a fish in a larger tank seems to grow faster but that may just be me.

I've had the same experience as you delapool, if they are going to be in the 35 for a while, I'd make sure to do 50% weekly water changes, as those things are freakin' poop machines. But besides that, you should be fine, as long as you move them to that 55 soon.

Sent via echolocation

Same here. Feel fish grow better in larger tanks.

I'm wondering why all the betta tanks are only half full? No point in a 5g tank if you only put 2.5g of water in it?

Caleb

Yeah! Bigger the tank the Better but I heard bettas are used to shallow water and live in ponds and rice patties in Asia.

Yeah! Bigger the tank the Better but I heard bettas are used to shallow water and live in ponds and rice patties in Asia.

Wild bettas are ;) most all bettas you see at the store are completely captive raised. You can raise the water up as long as they have access to the surface they are completely fine.

Caleb

I have mine in a 5gal and he roams all over the place. Checks out under logs at depth, has finally learnt to use betta leaf near surface and busy keeping his reflection on a few spots in line...

My bettas do the same except some of them are a bit different than the others.
When I introduce something new to my male blues tank he didn't even notice but in my other males he
completely freaked out! He was circling it, flaring up and when I tried feeding him he wouldn't take the food.
He's a weird but funny fish.

Back
Top Bottom