HLLE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Etown612

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
=( we finally got to moving the fish tank to the new place, we had the Oscar in a quarAntine 10 gallon for most of the day(used tank water and 1 filter from 55)and did a 90% water change on the 55 with prime, once it was up to temp(no hot water yet)we transferred him back to 55, he didn't do well at all in the 10 gallon, he laid almost completely flat against the bottom the whole time, water parameters for both tanks were ammonia-0,nitrite-0,nitrate- less than 1ppm, now he looks like he has very small pinholes in 3 spots over his forehead and side, I'll try to upload a pic but it's on phone, you can kinda see it, what else can cause HLLE if water is fine? I was doing 2-3 50% pwc weekly prior to move...thanks so much for the help, I wish I knew more to help out others, but you have all been so nice and I'm happy to be part of such a great community of HONEST people who care=))

Attachments

• image-2867725800.jpg
    image-2867725800.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 66
I wish i knew more about oscars! Im not going to be of much help here but i know others will be looking for more information. He is neat looking fish! Ok, even though your numbers are fine (you didnt mention ph,gh, kh), i have to ask if you cycled your 55gal? How long have you had him? Did he (and any other fish in store)look sick when you bought him? Did you slowly acclimate him to the QT tank (vs just throwing him in)? Transporting and then moving any fish to a new environment is very stressful to any fish and can cause problems because a fish's immune system is weakened. QT is generally recommended for minimum of 2weeks to prevent spreading diseases to your main tank. Im not sure what is going on but i hope an oscar expert can help out here!!! My suspicion is something amiss with your water unless he was already sick when you bought him. Good luck!!!

Thanks all, I'm gonna test water tonight(API liquid kit) and change water as needed, he's as active as ever and no changes in behavior, maybe I'm just overly cautious but I'd rather be safe than sorry, I don't want it to get sick again and it be my fault

Back
Top Bottom