hmm... Venustus Pygmy Angel? purple masked angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

linz13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey guys... sorry for all these posts... ive been doing some more research and i came across the Venustus Pygmy Angel...
( http://www.marinecenter.com/fish/an...stuspygmyangel/ )

just wondering if anybodys had success with these guys.. theyre so pretty and its pretty much the exact coloring im looking for! i want to try to keep something a little bit harder to keep... ive kept a coral beauty angel (that recently died from ich) and a butterfly fish (the original carrier of ich who also died because i didnt qt him and he had it from the store )

i'm qting the rest of the fish... 2 small clowns, 1 byno goby, and 1 purple pseudochromis, and treating them for ich and was looking for some new fish when i came across this guy!

has anybody kept one with success in their tank? are they similar to the coral beauty angels?

thanks!

I was thinking about one of these guys, but was told though they were hardy, they were VERY territorial and aggressive. Of course the LFS didn't have one when he told me this...

That`s alot of money and they tell you up front that they are very difficult and not covered with the guaranteed live arrival. I`m not a gambler. I do wish you good luck though.

well i have a chance to get one really cheap... but i think im gonna skip it till i know i can take care of it

They are particularly shy and not easily attainable, often in pairs or groups within cave structures. Quite possible these fish are cyanided in order to capture? Not much is known on their diet requirements, but one can expect algae and sponge comprise the bulk of it as in other Centropyge and angels in general. It may take quite a bit of time to coax it into eating. Numerous liverock structuring and subdued lighting for the first month (should be in qt anyways) is the route I'd go if purchasing. No offense, but I don't understand why you would like to try keeping a "harder = less hardy" fish when you already lost a C. bispinosa and depending on the specie of butterfly, that too?...There are plenty of lovely, hardy species (C. bispinosa IS a hardy specie) to choose from :D

well the butterfly had ich from the day i got it from the lfs... i just didnt know till it was too late... and already in the main display tank... and then that killed the coral beauty angel beacause the ich spread to him too... but ive saved all the rest of my fish.

by harder i meant hardier lol i just forgot the i... woops! lol.. i didnt know if these angels were hardy or not kuz some websites said they were while others said no way.

but like i said before... im gonna stick with something like a flame angel or something i know will do well in my tank! =]

Back
Top Bottom