Hole in the head?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boykin

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, so I went to petco today, and I just so happen to walk by the "display tank of Afircan chiclids" and as I was looking at the tank a hugh midas came swiming around the corner... and needless to say I was shocked! because we all know the two types of fish live in VERY different waters

So I went to the fish guy, to inform him of the mess up; even though he should know; and he told me that he knew but they had no place else to put them and that some woman had droped them off because they had eaten her guppies... and that to made me a little mad because of the fact she didnt research the fish that she was gettin... but it happens, anywho he goes on to tell me that there is two more in the tank and that I can have all three of them for free.... and I aready have a midas tank so I took him up on it because I didnt want them to die and I get home and start to notice that one of the fish has holes in his head going from the lips up past the eyes in two rows, one on each side of his head and I'm wondering if it could be the "hold in the head" thing? I dont know much about it so I'm hoping some one can help me out.

*The pictures arnt real clear because the fish is real skiddish, and it doesnt help that my large midas *pumpkin* is a crama freak.

Attachments

• hith_2_237.jpg
    hith_2_237.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 245
  • hith_282.jpg
    hith_282.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 260
I cant tell as the pics arent that great but from what you are saying and what I can see I would say yes that is hole in the head :( I had to go through it with my favorite Angel. It is quite easy to treat if you catch it quick enough but will take a while to heal.Go and buy some medication for it add some salt to the water to. That is if you dont have a QT but chances are it has spread throughout the tank. The first step is to try and QT him and go and buy some meds with Copper in it. Copper kills HITH.
HTH

well... the only QT I have is salt water and he had only been in the tank for a few hours now I felt like he needed to go in to the right water ASAP they wernt doing so good in the store... umm.... I did go out and get some "Melafix" for the eaten up fins and body wounds from the looks of the fish the lady had them in a tank no biger then a 30gl or 40gl... but who really knows.... I guess I will have to go out tomorrow and get something with copper in it because I really have no other place to put them and Pumpkin is of great value to me and I couldnt handle any thing happening to her.

I will try to get better pictures when I can.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom