Holes in Giant Hygrophila

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArtistGardener

Aquarium Advice Freak
I can't seem to grow Hygrophila corymbosa to save my life. It is riddled with holes. I am dosing extra potassium besides using root tabs and Flourish. Every other plant in my tank looks great (swords, anubias, and crypts of several species, wisteria, and java fern), but this stuff is spindly and riddled with holes. Any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_0884.jpg
    IMG_0884.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0890.jpg
    IMG_0890.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 95
It is a k deficiency. Notice the chlorosis in second picture. Be it on older growth. Did you recently begin using k?

Favour k as well. Most hygro plants I've had here required very generous k dosing while all other plants looked great.

If it is the same giant hygro as I have then I find it likes high light (in an injected CO2 tank) and I dose k above EI levels for it.

I can't seem to grow Hygrophila corymbosa to save my life. It is riddled with holes. I am dosing extra potassium besides using root tabs and Flourish. Every other plant in my tank looks great (swords, anubias, and crypts of several species, wisteria, and java fern), but this stuff is spindly and riddled with holes. Any advice?

I have this exact problem with some hygrophila corymbosa stricta, and I'm pretty sure it's a potassium deficiency. I supplement with K in the middle of the week aft er the weekend dosing of Easy Green, and it's helped some, but reading this thread makes me think I need to do more.

Back
Top Bottom