Homemade stand??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If built properly, a homemade wooden stand will save you big bucks and are sturdier than the presswood types you can buy.

Metal is nice, but really heavy and can be expensive. Its up to you.

mudraker said:
If built properly, a homemade wooden stand will save you big bucks and are sturdier than the presswood types you can buy.

Metal is nice, but really heavy and can be expensive. Its up to you.

Ok awesome I have a lot of wood lying around

Recycling is good, I use anything I can lying around. Good luck!

Awesome thanks everyone and thanks fir the site!
Well it depends if I go to college near my house or away if it's near my house I'll Definitely start making the stands and start to get the tanks ready

Nice video, here's my question, how does it compare price wise building your own apposed to buying one? I've been wanting to build my own for a while now

butterfly_koi said:
Nice video, here's my question, how does it compare price wise building your own apposed to buying one? I've been wanting to build my own for a while now

Well it depends on the size of the tank and how fancy it is
For example buying a standard stand for me would be $85 as opposed to using the would I have lying around and just paint it so it looks nice
But im not sure how much the wood would cost fir building your own I see free wood all the time on craigslist

Ime Steel can acutally be cheaper than wood to buy however its the welder the skill to weld that is the real cost and challenge wood is good but factos like type of wood and sealing and joining also add to the cost

Monkey Magic said:
Ime Steel can acutally be cheaper than wood to buy however its the welder the skill to weld that is the real cost and challenge wood is good but factos like type of wood and sealing and joining also add to the cost

I'm a better welder than I am a carpenter lol but I like the look of a wooden stand
Fishandmusic let us know how out turns out

For a Decent 55 gallon Stand I was looking at 125 at Petsmart.

I spent 50 bucks for 2x4's and a Box of Good Screws, (I have extra wood still)

I had an Old Particle board Computer desk I re purposed for the exterior.

I just built a 75 gallon Stand yesterday, with using MDF (4 bucks) exterior.

So I have 2 stands that are better than any Particle board Stand that will last for years.

Back
Top Bottom