Honey gourami dieing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My lights just came on and one of my honey gourami is on it's side on a plant gasping for breath. Had the pair for 2 years. I did a 40% wc yesterday. Added prime, flourish excel, and flourish comprehensive. Ohh no! Ph7,nitrates20, nitrites 0, ammonia 0. All others doing fine even the loaches.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Api liquid master kit

Sadly, once a fish gets to that point the chances of pulling it out is remote.

You could try pulling it into a bucket and running an air stone. Do a few water changes to get the nitrates lower, but there's a lot of damage done already that likely can't be fixed.

Sadly, once a fish gets to that point the chances of pulling it out is remote.

You could try pulling it into a bucket and running an air stone. Do a few water changes to get the nitrates lower, but there's a lot of damage done already that likely can't be fixed.

Do you think mf nitrates are too high @ 20? I thought 10-20 was normal:what:

I think Mebbid means whatever it is has done enough damage. 20ppm nitrates would certainly not cause this.

Caleb

Hmm. I have another one that is perfectly healthy in same 55g tank it's. I have had them since they were little. Maybe because I jinxed myself a few weeks ago. I posted that I have had great luck with my honey gourami pair. Insert foot in mouth I guess:(

Nope, nothing wrong with it at all. But nitrates have a detrimental effect on the immune system so it couldnt hurt to drop them down some more.

I usually check nitrates weekly before my wc. I should see where the nitrates read maybe a couple days after my wc. Thanks guys for the input. This is super sad though because his buddy is gonna be lonley.

Back
Top Bottom