Hooray!! More babies!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Floyd R Turbo

Aquarium Advice Addict
My Pineapple Swordtail gave birth to about 20 fry yesterday afternoon! Hooray!

Of course this just complicates the situation. I already had 18 5 week of Guppy fry (down to 16, to got eaten by some soon-to-be-given-away Barbs when I moved them to the 55), 1 Platy fry, and 28 4 week old Molly fry. I moved all but 2 Guppies and the Platy to the 55, which now has over 40 fish in it, and the 10 is back to 38 fry.

So many fish! I love livebearers!

I suggest making some of them feeders :D.

Saved me money for the longest time jsut feeding my cichlids the fry and other tanks the fry. Then the parents died and never got around to buying new livebearers. Plus all my tanks for filled now.

Yeah I'd feed those "soon-to-be-given-away" barbs some fry before you give them away! I luckily got out of my livebearer population explosion, I'll never do that again! Just male guppies from now on. :)

My Pineapple Swordtail gave birth to about 20 fry yesterday afternoon! Hooray!
So many fish! I love livebearers!

My congrats for newborns :) I'll upload some pix vor You :)

Tuxedo-Platy.jpg

guppies_emma.jpg

ye_baby_molly.jpg

Hooray! My pineapple sword dropped...ANOTHER 2 DOZEN yesterday! So now I've got 14 or so of the original batch - gave some away - and 24 more newbies. Swordtails don't seem to grow that fast. A few of the 1 month old ones are not really that much bigger than the new fry. I decided to take all the plants out and make sure all of them were actually getting food when I feed them. The hornwort I had in there was pretty beaten up anyways, there are now over 3 dozen snails and that's not counting the little bitty ones. I guess when I pull the UGF in my 55 which has a canister on it that is cycling up I can just dump a bunch in there to help keep the gravel clean.

Back
Top Bottom