Hospital tank / quarantine question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If they share the same water ie: all tanks are on one sump or from the same tank it wont hurt. Just supply them some cover. You do know it's not a good idea to add to many fish at one time. Dont mean to preach It's just that i see some importers will harvest 100 to get 1 that lives :nono:

Yeah. They are small fish though, very little bioload. Plus, my quarantine tank will have cycled media from my DT, so no (or a little) cycle to worry about.

I think this is about as patient as I will get. It's so HARD! I just don't want to wait a month to quarantine a gramma after quarantining a pair of clowns for a month. All I have is 3 green chromis in my tank and i need more.

I think I will be good with the gramma and two baby clowns in quarantine. The tank has a 190gph powerhead, with an air stone and hob filter.. so plenty of surface agitation.

I would agree that the three could be qt'd together. I plan on buying 4 blue reef chromis and all four will be going into one qt. I may even buy another fish when I get the chromis, not sure yet. I'm treading slowly and lightly now. lol

Just remember, that if I save even one fish during all my years of future reef and fishkeeping, it is thanks to you.

Seriously.

FYI, I didn't say they couldn't be, cause I'm not experienced. I'm just saying what I would do. If I bought 4 chromis at the same time, yep they would get qt together. Awe nevermind. I can't explain. Besides as I said I'm not experienced in any of this.

Hey Buffy, no worries :) I appreciate any and all input! I'm only a bit further along than you, not much at all. So i'm not experienced either. We are learning though, right!?

As far as bleach goes, I'm sure I won't be using it again. I'm far too paranoid. I rinsed rinsed rinsed. Then filled it up again and overdosed prime (for the second time). Tomorrow I will empty, rinse, dry, and pack away to let air dry and wait for usage.

Might paint the outside of the bottom glass black if I can find my krylon spray paint.

Hey Buffy, no worries :) I appreciate any and all input! I'm only a bit further along than you, not much at all. So i'm not experienced either. We are learning though, right!?

As far as bleach goes, I'm sure I won't be using it again. I'm far too paranoid. I rinsed rinsed rinsed. Then filled it up again and overdosed prime (for the second time). Tomorrow I will empty, rinse, dry, and pack away to let air dry and wait for usage.

Might paint the outside of the bottom glass black if I can find my krylon spray paint.

Water smell like bleach?

Nope not at all. I'm just doing overkill. Better safe in my mind than to worry.

It depends on there size I would'nt try to qt two 15in fish But i have done 8 green chromis at one time i put a 4in PVC elbow in each corner so they can spread out and hide I do try to limit it to 2 fish per 30g tub now
Scott keep an eye on the gramma as it may bully the clowns while in qt I have one that think she owns a 90g evil little monster lol

It depends on there size I would'nt try to qt two 15in fish But i have done 8 green chromis at one time i put a 4in PVC elbow in each corner so they can spread out and hide I do try to limit it to 2 fish per 30g tub now
Scott keep an eye on the gramma as it may bully the clowns while in qt I have one that think she owns a 90g evil little monster lol

Name her Buffy, LOL. I trashed all my hitchhikers so I'm evil LOL.

:lol: Will do my wife calls her That nasty B^$%H,she backs my potters angel into a corner at feeding time even though the food is spread across the tank :fish2:

I've never seen a royal gramma bully anything. The ones I've seen just stick to themselves pretty much ;d

I don't think that will be much of an issue. But if it is, I'll throw a big ol rock I have in there. I can throw it away in case I have to medicate. :)

Anyways, which part of the sump would be best to throw my HOB filter sponge into?

There's water in section - heater, filter sock
fuge section - sand, macroalgae
return section - water pump, and top off water

And how long to leave it in there to seed enough bacteria to stop my 10g quarantine from cycling?

It's the 1st one i ever seen with such a tude I put my HOB in the main intake area for at least a month just to be sure of a good base. But i have heard that a little as one week is enough.

Back
Top Bottom