Hot glue aquarium safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type 1 silicone is better. Hot glue can "rot away" imo.

But hot glue will work as a temporary solution because I want to make a breeder net out of hot glue, Popsicle sticks(from a processed bag not from eaten Popsicles) and pantyhoes? Possible?

But hot glue will work as a temporary solution because I want to make a breeder net out of hot glue, Popsicle sticks(from a processed bag not from eaten Popsicles) and pantyhoes? Possible?

That could work as a temporary net. But you can't really see through pantyhose. Make sure there are no strands of glue hanging around or else the fish may try to eat it and get poisoned or something.

That could work as a temporary net. But you can't really see through pantyhose. Make sure there are no strands of glue hanging around or else the fish may try to eat it and get poisoned or something.

Very true. I think ill just stick with aquarium made nets. The glue contraption would be better for separating fish temporarily like grown fish for only a few days

So your goin with pre made nets and not a DIY? Yeah, the DIY net isn't that stable and could break apart when fish ram into its sides.

Yea I'm going aquarium made. I have a lees and a plenn plax but the lees is by far Better quality. The penn plax is trash and its brand new lol. Why can't they be USA made right?

Yea I'm going aquarium made. I have a lees and a plenn plax but the lees is by far Better quality. The penn plax is trash and its brand new lol. Why can't they be USA made right?

Lol. I know right. What are you planning to do with the net? Penn plax isn't that great at most products.

Lol. I know right. What are you planning to do with the net? Penn plax isn't that great at most products.

My lees net is holding my new born frys in a 5 gallon platy tank. My penn plax is holding 1 (soon to be joined by his 14 other brothers and sisters) peppermint platy about half a inch almost but the penn plax was just to separate the big ones from the small so they don't harm each other tell they get bigger to be put with their parents :)

My lees net is holding my new born frys in a 5 gallon platy tank. My penn plax is holding 1 (soon to be joined by his 14 other brothers and sisters) peppermint platy about half a inch almost but the penn plax was just to separate the big ones from the small so they don't harm each other tell they get bigger to be put with their parents :)

Peppermint platy? Never heard or seen one before. Fw right? Do you have a pic of them?

Peppermint platy? Never heard or seen one before. Fw right? Do you have a pic of them?

Yea freshwater, some one just asked me if they were koi platys? Maybe another name that people call them? Around here in Florida my LFS's sell them as peppermints, they're eating they're favorite treat, algae wafers :)

Attachments

• image-2314185520.jpg
    image-2314185520.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 85
Yea freshwater, some one just asked me if they were koi platys? Maybe another name that people call them? Around here in Florida my LFS's sell them as peppermints, they're eating they're favorite treat, algae wafers :)

:eek: ! They look awesome! Just the right mix of red and white. ;). Never heard of koi platys either. Lol

:eek: ! They look awesome! Just the right mix of red and white. ;). Never heard of koi platys either. Lol

I found the fabled koi platys and thank you my peppermint platys are my gems!

Attachments

• image-1390337973.jpg
    image-1390337973.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 85
That's segrestfarms.com they do sell fish, "TANKED" buys all their freshwater fish from segrestfarms. It's located somewhere on the west coast of Florida I think. My LFS buys all their fish from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom