House plants fertilizer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably not, but maybe someone else knows more than me. I wish I knew some plant food like that to use, it would be much cheaper than root tabs.

I need to put something on my plants, but I'm not sure what to use or where to get it. I have this so i wanted to try it

Yes, you could use them as root tabs, but note that these have no micronutrients, only macros, which is what most people use root tabs to get, so they wouldn't necessarily replace them, but maybe augment them.

Probably ultimately unnecessary though.

Yea but i live far away from any big store like thise

Do you whats the best i could buy? Or what would you recommend? It's for amazon swords mostly

Do you whats the best i could buy? Or what would you recommend? It's for amazon swords mostly

Dynamite Flower and Vegetable in a size 00 gel capsule would be your best bet for home made root tabs. Very cheap and simple to make.

One thing to remember, you need to be careful with many of these terrestrial ferts since they utilize urea or ammoniacal nitrogen. In a slow release form used properly it's less of an issue, but it's still worth knowing about.

Cool thanks, any other products that are similar? Or what ingredients should i be looking for?

The Dynamite or osmocote works great, although it's getting hard to find the kind that has micronutrients in it. I make (and sell) root tabs that are clay based, they aren't all that hard to make if you get all the materials together and have some patience. The clay type root tabs are more of a short term thing only lasting a month or so, while the osmocote and other slow release types are meant to last for multiple months. Each has it's own purpose, the slow release ones are great but sometimes they don't really give up enough to make the plants reach their full potential, so I often end up using a combination of both in many situations.

I have lots of friends who use Jobes fert sticks with stunning results. My friends break them in quarters and push them down into the root system every few weeks to once a month.

I've been thinking about using them but didn't know if they were ram safe lol.

Yea i also have rams, but I did use them and so far nothing bad or strange has happen. :)

I have lots of friends who use Jobes fert sticks with stunning results. My friends break them in quarters and push them down into the root system every few weeks to once a month.

I've been thinking about using them but didn't know if they were ram safe lol.

Yep, they are ram safe as long as you keep an eye on nutrient levels and do regular water changes.

Back
Top Bottom