How can I cut this baby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shoots2002

Aquarium Advice Activist
How can i cut this babe plant and replant it??

The 1rst 3 photos are the babe abontgon i think.. But the last photo is the big mommy..
Thank you

Attachments

• image-2784983465.jpg
    image-2784983465.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 135
  • image-1642663382.jpg
    image-1642663382.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 147
  • image-755827707.jpg
    image-755827707.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 126
  • image-1328910627.jpg
    image-1328910627.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 131
Not sure about the plant. But your fish are beautiful. What kind of fish is in the first photo with the red coloring around fins?

Not sure about the plant. But your fish are beautiful. What kind of fish is in the first photo with the red coloring around fins?

Well thank you very much and This is a baby discus i think water melon discus..

I have no idea but I'm going to guess and say cut it at a leaf joint. That is strickly a guess though. Sorry I'm not any help.

I have no idea but I'm going to guess and say cut it at a leaf joint. That is strickly a guess though. Sorry I'm not any help.

Don't worry but i wont touch it until i know cause i love this plant very much

Looks like you should be able to cut the stem just below where some aerial roots are forming, then just replants like normal.

Looks like you should be able to cut the stem just below where some aerial roots are forming, then just replants like normal.

Yes i think i would cut it after the new roots are forming as you said ,,,thank you very much

I'm confused... You shouldn't even a stem nor aerial roots because it's a rosette plant. You best bet would be to either carefully split the plant at the rhizome, or self-pollinate it and grow from seeds.

I'm confused... You shouldn't even a stem nor aerial roots because it's a rosette plant. You best bet would be to either carefully split the plant at the rhizome, or self-pollinate it and grow from seeds.

Now I'm confused too, I thought it was like a plantlet on a stem like how swords do. Maybe my eyes failed me

Ah, I see where we're getting crossed here. They aren't really aerial roots, just old fashioned roots that aren't in the ground for whatever reason. So really all you need to do is cut somewhere that's not a rhizome and it should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom