How can I grow my African cichlids fast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Time :)

I dont know any specific foods to feed them, but a special food is most likely your best bet

I was told that more water changes helps also but I didn't know if u can feed heavily and extra water changes would grow them faster then normal. I overheard the LFS girl saying she could grow Africans out in 6months. So that got me curious to see if and how. Or to see if anyone has had experience in this.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387739056.085184.jpg

I was told that more water changes helps also but I didn't know if u can feed heavily and extra water changes would grow them faster then normal. I overheard the LFS girl saying she could grow Africans out in 6months. So that got me curious to see if and how. Or to see if anyone has had experience in this.View attachment 213117

Well you want to keep the tank clean, but too many water changes can stress your fish out. Feeding more could cause more problems than it would solve, more food means more waste, which means more waterchanges, so i guess thats where she got the waterchanges from ?

Yeah that's kinda my thoughts as well just figured I would pick people brains and see if there was something you can do

Well you want to keep the tank clean, but too many water changes can stress your fish out. Feeding more could cause more problems than it would solve, more food means more waste, which means more waterchanges, so i guess thats where she got the waterchanges from ?

Water changes shouldn't stress the fish because I have discus and they recommend doing daily water changes seems that if its ok with discus it's should be good with Africans.

Then obviously you know more than i do about your fishy friends :) sorry i couldn't be of more help

I got my cichlids when they were just 1-1.5 inches. I feed them NLS african cichlid formula two times a day and they have almost tripled in size in just 5 months.

I got my cichlids when they were just 1-1.5 inches. I feed them NLS african cichlid formula two times a day and they have almost tripled in size in just 5 months.

Wow that's great thanks for sharing. I will look into some of that. What is NLS?

Mixed diet and water changes. Blood worms and flakes made mine grow to about 5 to 6 inches in a month

Back
Top Bottom