How come i feel the need to overfeed, do you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Target feed with a turkey baster until nothing wants food any more. That way you can feed for ages and not over feed :p. I suppose it's just neat to see a frenzy.

Am I wrong that part of overfeeding is not just the chance of food decomposing that they don't eat, but the fact that the more you give them the more they'll poo, and more ammonia, bigger bio-load than the fish should really be putting out, bigger strain on the tank?

I feed my fish twice a day a couple of flakes in the morning and rods food in the afternoon. They come to eat out of my fingers so I know there is no big amount of food floating in the tank. Once a week I feed my tank enough so the food floats around and the corals get their share and the next day I do a water change. Even after almost 2 years I test my water regular.
nbx161 I have read the best coral food is fish poo but it does put a strain on the bio-load.

nxb161 said:
Am I wrong that part of overfeeding is not just the chance of food decomposing that they don't eat, but the fact that the more you give them the more they'll poo, and more ammonia, bigger bio-load than the fish should really be putting out, bigger strain on the tank?

Bingo!........... And the more they'll want and expect,..I think that as in any living creature OVER feeding is also not heathy to the whole picture in general

Back
Top Bottom