how did you come about this hobby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I started because my parents got me this
il_fullxfull.297417703.jpg

when I was somewhere around 7-10.

Then they got a 35 gallon tank (I think it was 55 because it was very long) in the living room. Ever since I wanted my own tank but my parents wouldn't let me get one. Then once I moved out I have had once pretty much ever since. Had a few mass genocide disasters but since I started frequenting this place :p very few issues. Now I am getting ready to set up a second tank.

TheNamelessPoet said:
I started because my parents got me this

when I was somewhere around 7-10.

Then they got a 35 gallon tank (I think it was 55 because it was very long) in the living room. Ever since I wanted my own tank but my parents wouldn't let me get one. Then once I moved out I have had once pretty much ever since. Had a few mass genocide disasters but since I started frequenting this place :p very few issues. Now I am getting ready to set up a second tank.

Are you sure that's an aquarium?

Well Animals were always my fascination but when I was young my mom had the classic Betta in a bowl that had vines from house plants growing through it so that may be where it started. From there I had a gecko that passed away so there sat an empty tank so I got my own Betta lived for years somehow with now filter or heater lol. After that I seen a 33 gallon on Kijiji so I traded a Xbox for it it came with 2 jack dempseys, koi, goldfish, weather loaches ect.. What a mess so after joining a local club I got that tank sorted out. It went downhill from there 4 10 gallons, 29, 15, 2 more 33, a 5, 55, 80, 110, 20 gallons and more my house has more water then ground area now lol

Thanks for reading sorry for the horrible sentence structor

Are you sure that's an aquarium?
yea :)

I would never use something like that now but isnt that the case for most of us lol

wprst part was I had 3 goldfish in it and in about 5 days the water would be yellow. I would dump it out wash the rocks in a bowl and just add tap water :eek: Amazing they lasted for 2 years at least!

Back
Top Bottom