How do i perform a epsom salt bath ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishaFishay

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello , i would like to know if anyone knows how i should do a epsom salt bath for my betta . I have a small bucket to put her in with water . Also is walgreens epsom salt safe to use ? Thx

Sent from my SM-G925P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

In these situations, I would buy aquarium salt and follow the instructions based on the size of your tank. What's wrong with your betta?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

And by aquarium salt I mean aquarium salt for freshwater fish. It comes in something that looks like this. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444237656.467683.jpg

Oh yea i have that too but i was recomend epsom salt for bloat . But idk if i can use the same dosage as aquarium salt 4 fresh water . And i plan on doing a bath type of thing idk how that works though

In a large container filled with water from your aquarium, add 1-2 tablespoon of Epsom salts per gallon (this keeps water temperature constant for the initial part of the bath). Swim the fish in this solution for 15-30 minutes or until stress shows or feces are released. Top the water up in the fish's usual container with dechlorinated water and return the fish to it.

Oh okay! I'm not sure about the Epsom salt bath but one thing you can do is not feed her for a couple of days and then feed her the inside of a pea. You can buy some frozen and let one thaw out in a little bit of her tank water, then take off the shell, maybe cut it up a little if it's too big and give it to her and that might help.

http://nippyfish.net/sick-betta/bloating-and-constipation/

Thanks for the replys . I I'll try the peas first thing 2morow.

Back
Top Bottom