How do I take out nitrite and nitrate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sai Sauce

Aquarium Advice Activist
Nitrite is at .25ppm but I want it at 0ppm. Nitrate is between 10 or 20ppm. I ran out of detoxifier but might have a little left. So what should I do? It's my 10 gallon filled up 3/4 and using a sponge filter. Gonna change the whole thing soon to a planted tropical after my brackish is finished cycling for my puffer. What do I do to get rid of those?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Change water

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How many percent of water? And I want to fill it up all the way since it's filled up 3/4, sooooooo should I just add water or take out some and add water till it's full?

Take out 4 gal and fill it up with treated water

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks!

Removing Nitrogen

Nitrite is at .25ppm but I want it at 0ppm. Nitrate is between 10 or 20ppm. I ran out of detoxifier but might have a little left. So what should I do? It's my 10 gallon filled up 3/4 and using a sponge filter. Gonna change the whole thing soon to a planted tropical after my brackish is finished cycling for my puffer. What do I do to get rid of those?

Hello Sai...

Large, weekly water changes will remove nitrogen from the tank. I change roughly half the tank water weekly. This will guarantee safe water conditions for the fish and plants, you'll never need to take the time to test the water.

B

Thank you! I'll probably as well do half water change

Back
Top Bottom