how do you fill a large aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ibrahim said:
You can turn it into a python by getting a regular gravel vac for $7 and finding a hose that fits over the place the shorter tubing was at

That's what I did. A gravel vac, and old bit of garden hose and a $2 hose connecter. Works well. :D

Hi i bought a long length of tubing you get for your external filters or pond filters,then bought a cheap bowl which fitted in the kitchen sink{this bowl is only used for the fish and NOTHING else!}I then use a cheap pond pump,to pump the water to me shed,into a 20 gallon water container,then its dechlorinated and the temperature equalised,once full i then simply pump it into me tanks using the same pond pump! I have used this method on my old six footers and could change 80 gallons of water in an hour! :)

i use to have a tap hanging over my tank with a floating ball to turn it of very much like a toilet very handy for evaparation loss as well. then it had a connector that fed conditioner when so much water whent through it. all i had to do was turn it of while emptying it then turn it all on and leave it to it self

keenfish said:
i use to have a tap hanging over my tank with a floating ball to turn it of very much like a toilet very handy for evaparation loss as well. then it had a connector that fed conditioner when so much water whent through it. all i had to do was turn it of while emptying it then turn it all on and leave it to it self
There we go lol best thing ever.

I got my local window cleaner round and he dropped his hose straight in. I chose him as I only use RO for my fish tanks. As the window cleaners now have to us Ro it was the easiest thing for me to do.

keenfish said:

I did this with airline a big box though heated and declorinated water and airline pit it around he ceiling I to the tank and the small little taps that you get for airline was my tank it worked brill for the marine as it was less shock for the fish as it went in slower ;)

Back
Top Bottom