How does this fragged leather look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ellisz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,

I had a large toodstool that a fragged about 3-4 days ago and it has not polyped out yet. I figured it would shed a bit but I have noticed some browning around the cut area. I am a bit worried now. Take at look at the pic and tell me what you think.

I fragged this same leather last year the same way and all went well.

Thanks

Attachments

• post_frag_leather_208.jpg
    post_frag_leather_208.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 26
That is not the look of a happy leather. I would make sure you have it in an area with a real good flow level.

Yeah, thta is what I figured. :( It looks almost like it is sloughing but I don't like the brown edges. Should I try and clean them at all? I have redirected my flow outlets to give it more than normal but we will have to wait and see.

Turkey baster has no effect. The coloration does not come off. The frags are doing great but still nothing from the big guy.

I am happy to say that polyps are back out! I noticed a darker brown developing in the middle sort of like it was getting its color back. The next day a few polyps showed the next some more. It has been a week and all is good. The clown has not tried to host it yet but I hope it will again. The clown used to sleep in the leather when the frogspawn closed up :)

Back
Top Bottom