how long can My fish survive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have my fish for my tank in a plastic bin like you would use to store .
clothes or something in I have know Idea how many gal. it is. I have some ofmy plants and my drift wood in there along with all of my fish about 20. i do have a small heater I can put in there If I need to and I am running my filter from my tank on it. I am needed to reseal my tank and am thinking it will take about three days before I can put everything back together.

Any suggestions or helpfull tips are apreciated.

TIA

They should be fine as long as you moved over the filter. Just maintain the plastic bin the way you would care for your tank.

You should be fine with a big tub & filter. I used a 30 gal tub for my goldies when I re-did my tank, no issues at all.

You might want to check your parameters & do pwc's as needed. But with a mature filter, you are prob set for at least a week.

thanks Jsoong, you guys are making me feel better, I have them in a i figure a 25 to 30 gal. container i have my magnum 350 running on it and my filter media from my other filter sitting inside the box along with my driftwood and some of my plants. should i feed as normal? and should I be doing pwc daily?

I wouldn't feed. They will be ok for a few days without food. You might want to change a little water every day or 2. Can't hurt, right?

Back
Top Bottom