How many ADF's in a 3.3 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr.Albiman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a spare 3.3 gallon lying around the house and I'm planning on stocking it with an ADF(s).

Question 1. How many?

Question 2. Can i have a Nerite Snail as well?

Question 3. What do i feed them/how often?

thanks in advance guys! :)

Sorry. You'll get replies, or you should. This forum is slower than the others, but I know the ADF owners do monitor this part of the forum as well so hopefully you'll get some replies soon. :) Good luck. (I'm hoping to set up a small tank for ADFs too, they are adorable creatures).

From what I've read on other posts the minimum tank size for them is 5 or 10 gallons, I think 10. So your tank wouldn't be big enough unfortunately :(

However you could do a planted tank with red cherry shrimp! :)

no you can keep 2 but it just better to have it be a shrimp tank, or a ry tank

I have 3 females in a 20 long with cherry shrimp, ottos and snails. I would skip the ADF in a 3.3 I would say 5-10 would be smallest I'd go.

I feed mine everyother day.

I have read from other threads and other sites that i could have 2 or 3 in there IF it is a species tank. Which it will be. Do you agree or should i just get one? Also i am planning on feeding them frozen bloodworm and those HBH frog and tadpole bites. Would they be okay with daphnia and Ant eggs because i already have some of those for my fish. Thanks :)

I don't have any experience with frogs but I was curious what is the reason for having a 5 or 10 gallon minimum? I've only seen them in the store but they don't look very big or very active.

I don't have any experience with frogs but I was curious what is the reason for having a 5 or 10 gallon minimum? I've only seen them in the store but they don't look very big or very active.

This is what i thought. They spend a lot of time sitting on plants/floor and they only get to like 1.5 inches. But hey, I'm no expert! LOL.

IMO a pair COULD live in there but most people do say 5-10 gallon is the minimum. I keep a pair in my 29gal and the larger one (snoop froggy frog!) is around 2 1/4 inch long. I keep minr with Corydoras endelers guppys black neons and electric blue rams. They be slow feeders as they are virtually blind. However mine have no problems competing for food with everyone else, the adf usually get the lions share lol.
They are good at clearing up the scraps too! Mine eat everything the fish do, algae wafers, frozen bloodworm, frozen brineshrimp, im also quite lucky as they also don't mind flake although I've heard some people have a problem getting them on flake.

My 3 are extremely active, they are also best kept in groups. The tank can't be to tall they have to be able to get air quickly.

I think i will get 2 and do 75% weekly PWC's. I know of other people who keep 3 on this site in a 3 gallon without issue but i do think that would be too much. I'll do 2. Thank you for your replies guys. I'll update when i get it up and running in a few months! :)

Id say you were all ready pushing it with the 2 adf id skip the snail if it were me IMO.

Back
Top Bottom