How many cichlids in 55G?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of decor are you planning? That will narrow it down maybe. Do you currently have some fish that your planning on keeping?

No, don't really know much about them!

And for decor:
Few live plants
No live rock/wood
Lots of hiding spots
Gravel

Mbuna cichlids are African cichlids and max out at 5 inches. Full of personality but mean lil guys.

Mbuna cichlids are African cichlids and max out at 5 inches. Full of personality but mean lil guys.

That is a completely false statement. For instance pseudotropheus crabro will exceed 5 in unbountedly.

No, don't really know much about them!

And for decor:
Few live plants
No live rock/wood
Lots of hiding spots
Gravel

Live rock won't stay alive in fresh water the coralline algae will die it does maintain the purple color though and is an awesome buffer if you plan on keepin Africans. However I'd switch to a fine gravel/sand if you do.

Live rock won't stay alive in fresh water the coralline algae will die it does maintain the purple color though and is an awesome buffer if you plan on keepin Africans. However I'd switch to a fine gravel/sand if you do.

It said no live rock. I took it as he didn't want live rock.

That is a completely false statement. For instance pseudotropheus crabro will exceed 5 in unbountedly.

No most mbunas do max out around 5 inches. I'm sure there's a few exceptions like always. Your statement is false.

When I had my my 55 gal I had 12 peacocks that were mostly different and 2 kyoga flameback ... Now I have 25 in a 90 gal

Back
Top Bottom