How many fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BassSoLow

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just upgraded from a 10 gallon tank to a 29 gallon tank. So far here are the fish I have...

1 Swordtail
1 Small Platy
1 Sailfin Molly
1 Sunset Molly
1 Baby Molly (fry, he is now 2 months old)
2 Gouramis
3 White Tetras
5 Candy Cane Tetras

So that's where I stand. I keep a solid eye on my water and do regular weekly changes and testing.

Just wondering about adding more fish to the mix. I would like to add some more unique fish. I would appriciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Hello BassSoLow! I always go by two rules of thought: one - one inch of fish per gallon of water. two - how much bioload does each fish leave! If mind serves me correctly, and I am open to corrections, Molly have a heavy bioload and count them as two. Depends on what gouramis you have, dwarf? I am figuring thats about (?) 18 fish/bioload. Inch wise, you are about (?) twenty inches all together, again that is not knowing what types of gouramis. As a suggestion for another fish, again, it depends on the gouramis. This is all IMO!! But something to think about - look at German blue rams (they are dwarf), or rainbows. Good luck! Thomasina

Thanks for the advice. The Gouramis ate dwarfs. :)

I was thinking of getting 2 German Blue Rams.

Back
Top Bottom