How many mollies in a 29 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Since I've made my mistakes in the past I want to be sure there won't be any overstocking issues this time...
I currently have 3 mollies and a platy in my 29 gallon tank... How many more mollies can safely and comfortably fit in the tank?

Hmmmm... I think you should maybe start with just 2 more and see how they get along and how well the filter manages the bioload. Ultimately, I think 5-6 mollies plus the platy would be all, but that might be pushing the filter. Maybe somebody else will have a different opinion though.

I'm waiting for my 2 mollies in sick bay to recover and they will join them and then I want to keep a couple of my babies...

Thats the ultimate rough idea I'd guess yes.. I have a 20 gallon long sitting here for when the fry get to be larger... They're in my 10 gal fry tank now...
My oldest are 6 wks old today.. I'm waiting to be able to separate the sexes..

Thats the ultimate rough idea I'd guess yes.. I have a 20 gallon long sitting here for when the fry get to be larger... They're in my 10 gal fry tank now...
My oldest are 6 wks old today.. I'm waiting to be able to separate the sexes..
Well, thats more than I personally would put into a 29, but that doesn't mean it won't work. Be really careful to keep a very close eye on the water params. :)

Back
Top Bottom